Powered By Blogger

March 9, 2012

What's up in the workshop

I recently attended a monoprint class at Creative Arts Workshop taught by master printmaker Eileen Foti.  Eileen was overflowing with information and I was in over my head for sure. With all my mistakes and inexperience, I did manage to get 2 layers on my print and hopefully will finish it with a return visit.

Eileen demonstrating how to burnish the applied gold leaf.
my print, w/gold leaf, step 1

With added layer of black ink, step 2
more to come…

ck out:

CREATIVE ARTS WORKSHOP: New Haven's Community Art School

www.creativeartsworkshop.org/


In a workshop closer to home, guitars are on the bench - getting ready for the Farmington Valley Guitar Show later this month.  Steve's on a mission to show off his expert craftsmanship with a self-designed resonator guitar!
Steve shaping the guitar body

then setting the neck.
ck out: 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Balkun-Guitars/165050896850469?sk=photos


http://www.fvguitarshow.com/FVGS2012.html